Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Place of Blessing

I looked up recently and all I saw around me was blessing. 

Let me explain. 

This past year has been one of abundance. Abundance of answered prayers, abundance of dreams realized, and an abundance of the Lords tangible presence in all that I did. 

Thats not to say years past haven't been great, or this new one won't hold just as much abundance, if not more. All I am saying is that, when I stopped and really thought on it, I am doused in blessings.

It really all came together for me the night of Valentines day. I spent what is meant to be a romantic holiday making cupcakes, coffee filter hearts, and cuddling little ones as they drifted off to sleep. As I lay in bed that night discussing life, love, and relationships with a dear friend who came to babysit with me, my mind drifted not to what I don't currently have, but all that I have had even just in this last year. I am so quick to dwell on the negative, the never ending wondering of why my life doesn't look like I pictured it as little girl. Sure the desires of my heart fuel my thoughts, but what about what the Lord has already done in my life. 

Blessing after blessing. 

I know that the Lord holds me in the palm of His hands. So in that comfort I rest. He knows the desires of my heart, and hears them as I repeatedly give them over to Him. My Father blesses me and I know He has good for me!

For those people in my life who have played a major role in these blessings, I say thank you. Thank you for being the good light in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment